Current Job Openings
Business Development Manager
Company & Role Description
Founded in 2002, Tanner Pharma Group is a specialty service provider in the biopharmaceutical industry focused on improving patient access to medicines on a global basis. Tanner Pharma offers its biopharmaceutical partners a portfolio of four distinct service offerings that span the product lifecycle from clinical development to commercialization. With its global headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina and offices in the United Kingdom, Switzerland and Brazil, Tanner Pharma is in a phase of rapid growth.
The company is currently in a phase of rapid growth and to support this growth, is seeking a Business Partner to support the Managed Access Program division, TannerMAP, in driving program implementation, generating new business, and managing day-to-day operations of the division. The position reports to the Executive Vice President of Business Development. TannerMAP works with pharmaceutical companies to develop and deliver access programs enabling patients with unmet medical needs access to medicines in countries (including the United States) where those medicines are not commercially available. These access programs may be referred to as Named Patient, Expanded Access, Early Access, or Compassionate Use Programs. Medicines in the programs may be provided at a cost or free of charge. Laying the foundation for the launch of TannerMAP was the implementation of a series of innovative programs supplying donated medicines to 30,000+ cancer patients in nearly 80 low- and middle-income countries. With a solid foundation established to support future growth, TannerMAP has been rapidly expanding its portfolio of programs supporting both big pharma and small- to mid-size specialty and rare disease companies.
Expected Responsibilities for the Business Development Manager are:
- Target, research, identify and contact prospective clients to schedule, coordinate, and attend sales presentations and meetings.
- Lead BD pitches about TannerMAP access solutions to current and prospective clients.
- Actively manage the sales process from developing the initial proposal through providing solutions ensuring profitability is ethically maximized.
- Meet with the BD team to communicate new business leads, scheduled sales trips, business/client issues, signed contracts and other relevant information.
- Partner with the applicable internal teams and oversee the negotiations process with clients to ensure agreements meet required timelines and business terms.
- Build strong, long-term relationships with clients and prospective clients through effective networking by participating in industry conferences and tradeshows and increasing the industry’s awareness of TannerMAP’s solutions.
- Ensure existing and prospective clients are knowledgeable in our access solutions as a result of regular sales calls providing the updates on improvements and changes to Tanner’s strategies, capabilities, and service offerings.
- Obtain new requests for proposals and coordinate with internal teams for processing.
- Respond to all client needs and follow through on all requests.
- Partner with internal teams to schedule audits, and to support and improve the quality of service offering to clients.
- Provide ideas and solutions for future business development endeavors and pursues opportunities that will lead to increased sales.
- To follow, promote and enforce relevant SOPs and Company policies and procedures.
- Support with the continuous development and evolution of the TannerMAP strategy.
- Support initiatives to enhance the competitive positioning of TannerMAP.
- Perform other related job duties or responsibilities as assigned.
Desired Candidate Profile & Capabilities
- Undergraduate degree is required. Preferred degrees include business, biology, marketing, or communications.
- 5-8 years’ experience selling in a business-to-business environment within the pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology industries.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry in a business development, commercial, or marketing role for a service provider is a plus.
- Aptitude for building lasting relationships based on trust and high ethical standards.
- Self-motivated with a passion for learning and ability to recognize when something needs to be done and without needing to be told what to do.
- Not easily discouraged with rejection.
- Demonstrate a hunger and desire to win, fearlessness and a can-do attitude in pursuit of growing the business.
- Driven by reaching goals set by manager that help meaningfully expand TannerMAP’s financial performance.
- Comfort working in a high-paced and high-workload environment.
- Expert PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Ability to travel up to 40%.
- Communication: able to communicate in a clear, appropriate, effective and efficient manner in various situations (1:1 or group settings, verbal & written)
- Multi-tasking: the ability to manage multiple responsibilities at once by focusing on one task while keeping track of others; the ability to juggle multiple priorities effectively.
- Goal Orientation: Energetically focus efforts on meeting goals, missions or objectives while managing time and priorities.
- Detail-Oriented: ability to accomplish/complete tasks while demonstrating a thorough concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small.
- Strategic Thinking: ability to see the big picture, plan ahead, and put thought into action to the advantage of the business.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Private health insurance
- Attractive performance incentive plan
- Vacation, Volunteer and paid sick leave
Tanner Pharma Group’s Core Values: Everything we do at Tanner Pharma Group is dictated by our values. We take them very seriously, and we’re proud of this unwavering commitment.
Check out www.tannerpharma.com to learn more about our company.
Candidates may be required to organize reference calls upon request. Confidentiality will be respected. Additionally, Pre-employment drug and background screening will be required.
Tanner Pharma Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time | Exempt
Pay: £80,000.00-£100,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid volunteer time
- Wellness programme
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Pharmaceutical sales: 5 years (Preferred)
- Sales: 5 years (Required)
- Business development: 5 years (Preferred)
- B2B sales: 5 years (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 50% (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote