Current Job Openings
Director or Senior Director Supply Chain and Logistics
Founded in 2002, Tanner Pharma Group is a specialty service provider in the biopharmaceutical industry focused on improving patient access to medicines on a global basis. Tanner Pharma offers its biopharmaceutical partners a portfolio of four distinct service offerings that span the product lifecycle from clinical development to commercialization. With its global headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA and offices in the United Kingdom, Ireland & Switzerland, Tanner Pharma is in a phase of rapid growth.
This is a senior operational role within Tanner Pharma in the US. The focus will be on developing and managing the US supply chain and logistics function, as part of the global Technical Operations Department. The role will provide critical strategic and operational insight with a focus on continuous improvement, of both technical processes and personnel performance.
Cross division and cross department relationship building will be pivotal, as SC&L is a core function to the Tanner operation.
This role will also have leadership responsibilities for a new GDP & GMP warehouse that will be coming on stream in 2023.
- Overall management of a GDP/GMP compliant facility.
- Develop & execute on strategies to drive service, quality, and process improvements in support of Group revenue and gross profit goals.
- Promote and develop the highest standards of customer service within logistics.
- Leads on process improvement initiatives including the use of data analytics.
- Ensure all regulatory and compliance measures are met within company guidelines.
- Develop, manage & report on KPI’s to drive performance improvement across the logistics function.
- Close liaison with the Quality team, ensuring quality and compliance standards are met including acting as a logistics SME for deviations and CAPAs.
- Be a champion for a continuous improvement culture.
- Keep abreast of industry developments as they pertain to logistics and ensure Tanner is ahead of the curve.
- Provide high quality leadership to the supply chain and logistics associates in the US.
- Drive a culture of accountability and employee engagement; effectively manage individual and group performance to set behaviours, goals and expectations.
- Promote and facilitate personal development.
Desired Candidate Profile & Capabilities
- 7-10 years’ experience in international Supply Chain and Logistics preferably in the life sciences industry.
- Core competency in leading teams, collaborating, building relationships and influence at all levels inside and outside the business.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of superior customer service and flexibility to do what it takes to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Located or willing to re-locate to Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Good working knowledge of global Good Distribution Practice and Good Manufacturing Practise and appropriate regulations.
- Working knowledge of FDA and DSCSA regulations.
- Experience of working in a freight forwarding or white glove service provider
- Solutions-oriented and enjoy identifying how to overcome obstacles.
- Work well with a team to achieve a common goal.
- Able to juggle multiple priorities and projects.
- Have strong analytical skills.
- Like ongoing learning and research as part of your daily routine.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Private health insurance
- Attractive performance incentive plan
- Vacation and paid sick leave
Tanner Pharma Group’s Core Values: Everything we do at Tanner Pharma Group is dictated by our values. We take them very seriously, and we’re proud of this unwavering commitment.
Check out www.tannerpharma.com to learn more about our company.
Candidates may be required to organize reference calls upon request. Confidentiality will be respected. Additionally, Drug and background screening will be required.
Tanner Pharma Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 – $110,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- FDA and DSCSA regulations: 4 years (Preferred)
- Managing Supply Chain: 7 years (Required)
- Managing Logistics: 7 years (Required)
- Life Science Industry: 7 years (Required)
- GDP and DMP: 7 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location