Current Job Openings
Executive Vice President of Clinical Trial Services
Full Job Description
Tanner Pharma Group is seeking an Executive Vice President (EVP) of Clinical Trial Services (CTS) to lead and build clinical trial materials management services with high regard for quality, flexibility, and speed-to-market in support of investigational studies conducted around the world. Tanner Pharma’s packaging, labeling, distribution, temperature-controlled storage and returns services will strengthen our ability to support existing and new customers. Tanner Pharma Group aspires to have state-of-the art facilities include secondary packaging services coupled with cutting edge Cold Chain and Ultra Cold Chain technologies.
Job Mission: The EVP of CTS role requires a strong understanding of both clinical trial operations and clinical trial supply chain. The candidate should have as an understanding of the key challenges that drug development sponsors face in clinical supply, logistics and services to both clinical sites and remote-patient sites. This role requires both a strategist and a day-to-day implementer who is team-oriented and brings an entrepreneurial mindset.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate must also have a general knowledge in strategic sourcing, supply of clinical trial materials, with greater emphasis on clinical manufacturing services to support trial sponsors.
You should meet the following criteria to apply:
· 6-8 years clinical operations or clinical trial supply chain experience
· Director level project management on highly visible projects with client management and retention a top priority.
· Prior experience in executive leadership or has supported and worked closely with an executive team.
· Understands the complexity of managing multiple projects along differing stages, can triage needs and proactively identify escalate challenges as they arise.
· Has worked in a company with a “roll up your sleeves” mentality where the expectation to meet with the CEO of a biotech company is required as is managing the logistics of said meeting (booking own hotel, working with team to manage travel logistics, etc.)
Here’s what you’ll be accountable for:
· Oversee global logistics and distribution network to allow Tanner to operate across borders and ensure supplies reach trial sites and at-home patient delivery on time.
· Develop a business strategy for building and scaling this flagship division, develop operational processes, identify GMP needs and have ability to be client facing for both new business, client retention and repeat business.
· Ensure that the appropriate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all areas of clinical trial supply chain that support sponsor’s protocol, keep patient centricity in focus and create an accountability plan for audit for enhanced transparency and visibility.
· Ability to establish at-home patient delivery and troubleshoot for logistical challenges such as drug returns and reconciliations
· Maintain critical clinical timelines whilst forging the best possible logistic solutions for the safe transportation of sponsors products.
· Understanding of purchasing activity, recommends and implements new processes, procedures and training, maintains ongoing knowledge of the clinical procurement market, provides study bill of material support when required, supports bid requests, and formulates strategic global procurement strategy for the laboratory operations and kitting functions globally.
This job might be for you if you:
You have demonstrated strength and success in the following areas:
· Communication: Actively listens, understands and responds to stakeholders. Uses key channels of communications. Ensures the quality of information that is communicated. Effectively tailors the information to the audience.
· Leadership: Implements the program’s vision. Establishes the program’s direction. Recognizes interdependencies. Takes calculated risks. Assumes ownership of the program.
· Relationship Building: Builds trust among stakeholders, clients, and team members. Treats others with respect. Establishes and demonstrates high standards for personal and team performance.
· Critical Thinking: Conducts ongoing analyses to identify trends, variances and issues. Applies fact-based decision making. Works proactively with the program’s governance structure; Constructively challenges assumptions. Proven complex problem-solving skills.
Compensation & Benefits
· Salary commensurate with experience
· Pension scheme
· Private health insurance
· Attractive performance incentive plan with profit sharing
· Vacation and paid sick leave
Tanner Pharma Group’s Core Values: Everything we do at Tanner Pharma Group is dictated by our values. We take them very seriously, and we’re proud of this unwavering commitment.
· Determined & Tenacious
We are relentless and proactive in the pursuit of our vision and have the courage to tackle even the most difficult challenges. We have the resolve to always go the distance for our clients, colleagues, and community.
· Resourceful & Creative
We rely on, draw inspiration from and leverage our collective expertise and experience to conceptualize new ideas and apply smart thinking to solve problems and deliver success. We believe the status quo can always be improved upon.
· Responsive & Caring
We react quickly and efficiently to client and colleague needs and questions, knowing that time is always of the essence. We care about each other and the projects and programs entrusted to us.
About Tanner Pharma Group: Founded in 2002, Tanner Pharma Group is a global specialty service provider in the life sciences industry. With its global headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina and offices in the United Kingdom, Switzerland and Brazil, Tanner Pharma is in a phase of rapid growth. Tanner Pharma Group believes that medicine should have no borders. We measure our value as a company based on the lives we help to improve. For all of us involved in the pharmaceutical supply chain – manufacturers, distributors, pharmacists, physicians and others – ultimately, it is the patient that matters most. That is why, we start each day with a renewed commitment to ethically deliver medicine into markets where access remains a challenge.
Check out www. http://www.tannerpharma.com to learn more about our company.
Candidates may be required to organize reference calls with recent supervisors. You will be expected to pitch to the Interview team at the end of the process- please prepare accordingly. Confidentiality will be respected. Additionally, Drug and background screening will be required.
Tanner Pharma Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $150,000.00 – $200,000.00 per year
Benefits: Paid time off
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Supplemental Pay: Commission pay
Education: High school or equivalent (Preferred)
clinical operations or clinical trial supply chain: 6 years (Preferred)
Director level/ high visibility project management: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Work Remotely: Temporarily due to COVID-19