Current Job Openings
Full Job Description
Tanner Pharma Group is seeking a Legal Assistant to support our fast-growing legal department.
At Tanner Pharma Group, our SVP of Legal & Regulatory Affairs is a licensed attorney who works from our headquarters in Charlotte, NC, USA. His primary responsibilities are: the creation, review and negotiation of legal documents with our partners, clients and service providers; compliance with our obligations in our legal agreements with partners, clients and service providers; legal and regulatory compliance of our company policies and business practices; security and non-disclosure of confidential information; statutory filings as required by corporations in the State of North Carolina; and risk analysis of our business practices.
In the past six years, our company has grown by a factor of 10 by applying an optimistic attitude towards solving problems in the pharmaceutical industry. As a result, we now have ten times more legal work required for existing and new agreements, opportunities, etc. The Legal Department needs legal assistant support to maintain a high level of performance and organization of the services provided to the Divisions and Departments that rely on the legal and regulatory department for guidance and production.
Legal Assistant Job Mission: Responsible for supporting the legal department and executive leadership in various administrative activities, research, analytics, reporting, organization, project tracking and coordination, communications, legal correspondence and providing other general support, as described below. The ideal candidate for this position is a highly motivated individual with enough experience to apply best practices in a growing legal department, and enough entrepreneurial spirit to approach our legal department with new ideas as it evolves.
You should meet the following criteria to apply:
- 1-3 years legal and/or executive assistant experience or relevant related experience.
- Experience interfacing with upper management.
- Demonstrated efficiency and flexibility in handling multiple tasks often under tight time
constraints in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proven proficiency with computer applications specially but not limited to Microsoft Office such
as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to appropriately, and independently, prioritize, organize and coordinate work while
showing initiative and sound judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others, and in a small team setting.
- Ability to analyze and assist with resolution of legal issues.
- Sound legal analysis of matters researched a plus.
- Executive assistance experience.
- Litigation/contract law experience.
Here’s what you’ll be accountable for:
Serve as legal and administrative generalist to help advance the team in the following areas:
- Manage updates on all Legal Planner tasks
- Support Legal reporting on Planner tasks
- Maintain and update e-files and physical files
- Support the contract workload and own the update status of contracts
- Maintain docketing entries related to contract clauses as it pertains to renewal and
- Complete out of office errands for signatures and contract agreements
- Prepare, disseminate and reply to correspondence (including e-mails and telecommunications)
- Support on a wide range of corporate legal matters
- Organize Legal Meetings and preparing documentation/agenda to ensure meetings are productive
- Draft Letters and lead coordination of drafting legal templates
- Lead Signatory coordination for the Legal Department and post-execution procedures
- Validate Legal Invoices- liaison with Finance
- Support full adoption of the Legal Business Procedure- ensure team adherence to the process
- Help build efficiency in the legal processes
- Effectively manage the version control process for legal documents
This job might be for you if:
Have demonstrated strength and success in the following areas:
- Team Member: Ability to integrate with the organizational Core Values, culture and climate.
- Personal Effectiveness: Demonstrating initiative, self-confidence, effective
communication, resiliency and a willingness to take responsibility for personal actions.
- Analytical Thinking: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Building Collaborative Relationships: The ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Customer Orientation: The ability to demonstrate concern for satisfying one’s external and/or internal customers.
- Initiative: Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- Results Orientation: The ability to focus on the desired result of one’s own or one’s unit’s work, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
- Thoroughness: Ensuring that one’s own and others’ work and information are complete and accurate with great attention to detail; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 – $40,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- executive/legal assistant: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19