Current Job Openings
Full Job Description
Founded in 2002, Tanner Pharma Group (TPG) is a specialty service provider in the biopharmaceutical industry focused on improving patient access to medicines on a global basis. Tanner Pharma offers its biopharmaceutical partners a portfolio of four distinct service offerings that span the product lifecycle from clinical development to commercialization. Each of its service offerings has a component of the distribution of pharmaceutical and related products according to Good Distribution Practices (GDP), and most recently, the company has set up a labeling and packaging operation that operates according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). Tanner Pharma operates a globally harmonized Quality Management System (QMS) and has distribution licenses across the US, UK (MHRA) and Switzerland (Swissmedic), but the business operates across more than 120 countries. The company is currently in a phase of rapid growth and to support this growth, is seeking a detail-oriented Legal Secretary to support our fast-growing Legal Department. At Tanner Pharma Group, our SVP of Legal & Regulatory Affairs and General Counsel is a licensed attorney who works from our headquarters in Charlotte, NC, USA. The primary responsibilities are: the creation, review and negotiation of legal documents with our partners, clients and service providers; compliance with our obligations in our legal agreements with partners, clients and service providers; legal and regulatory compliance of our company policies and business practices; security and non-disclosure of confidential information; statutory filings as required by corporations in the State of North Carolina; and risk analysis of our business practices.
In the past six years, our company has grown by a factor of 10 by applying an optimistic attitude towards solving problems in the pharmaceutical industry. As a result, we now have ten times more legal work required for existing and new agreements, opportunities, etc. The Legal Department needs legal secretary support to maintain a high level of performance and organization of the services provided to the Divisions and Departments that rely on the legal and regulatory department for guidance and production. We’re looking for an articulate, self-motivated, results-based professional who will thrive in a fast-paced, connected environment.
Responsible for supporting the Legal Department and executive leadership in various general administrative/secretarial activities, research, analytics, reporting, organization, project tracking and coordination, communications, legal correspondence and providing other general support, as described below. The ideal candidate for this position is a highly motivated individual with enough experience to apply best practices in a growing Legal Department, and enough entrepreneurial spirit to approach our Legal Department with new ideas as it evolves. The candidate will work closely with an experienced and highly regarded General Counsel in Tanner Pharma Group’s Legal Department, engage with associates on an international scale. Will assist the legal team members to maintain streamlined processes across the Legal Department, ensuring that all international matters are aligned and actioned seamlessly. Should have proven experience as a legal secretary in another reputable corporate commercial team. Experience from another mid or top tier law firm is highly regarded. Experience in supporting multiple fee earners and coordinating workflow across the team is advantageous
Expected responsibilities for the Legal Secretary are:
Serve as legal and administrative generalist to help advance the team in the following areas:
- Manage updates on all Filevine projects
- Support legal reporting on Filevine projects
- Maintain and update e-files, projects on Filevine and physical files
- Support the contract workload and own the update status of contracts and projects
- Maintain docketing entries related to contract clauses as it pertains to renewal and expiration
- Complete out of office errands for signatures and contract agreements
- Prepare, disseminate, and reply to correspondence (including e-mails and telecommunications)
- Support on a wide range of corporate legal matters
- Organize meetings and preparing documentation/agenda to ensure meetings are productive
- Draft letters and lead coordination of drafting legal templates
- Lead electronic and hard copy signatory coordination for the Legal Department and post-execution procedures
- Validate legal invoices- liaison with Finance
- Support full adoption of the Legal Standard Business Procedures- ensure associates adherence to the process
- Help build efficiency in the legal processes
- Effectively manage the version control process for legal documents
Desired Candidate Profile & Capabilities
Have demonstrated strength and success in the following areas
- Team Member: Proven ability to integrate with the organizational core values, culture and climate.
- Personal Effectiveness: Demonstrating initiative, self-confidence, effective communication, resiliency and a willingness to take responsibility for personal actions.
- Analytical Thinking: Proven ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Building Collaborative Relationships: Proven ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Customer Orientation: Proven ability to demonstrate concern for satisfying one’s external and/or internal customers.
- Initiative: Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- Results Orientation: Proven ability to focus on the desired result of one’s own or one’s unit’s work, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them..
- Problem-solving: Proven ability of identifying issues, coming up with solutions, implementing those solutions, and evaluating their effectiveness.
- Thoroughness: Ensuring that one’s own and others’ work and information are complete and accurate with crucial attention to detail; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
You should meet the following criteria to apply:
- 1-3 years legal and/or executive assistant experience or relevant related experience.
- Some Corporate/Commercial Secretarial experience.
- Intermediate Word skills and typing speed of at least 60 words per minute.
- Demonstrated efficiency and flexibility in handling multiple tasks often under tight time constraints in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Good attention to detail, be highly organized, have strong interpersonal skills and be adept in using the MS Office suite.
- Filevine or analogous project/matter management software experience.
- Ability to appropriately, and independently, prioritize, organize, and coordinate work while showing initiative and sound judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others, and in a small team setting.
- Ability to analyze and assist with resolution of legal issues.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluent English.
- Sound legal analysis of matters researched a plus.
- Executive assistance experience.
- Litigation/contract law experience or experience of working for corporate, commercial, transactional lawyers.
- College/University degree.
- Paralegal Certificate.
- Valid Notary Certificate.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Check out tannerpharma.com to learn more about our company.
Tanner Pharma Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Additionally, Drug and background screening will be required for employment.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Life Insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Associate (Preferred)
- Paralegals & Legal Assistants: 1 year (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 2 years (Preferred)
- Clerical: 1 year (Preferred)
- Filing: 1 year (Required)
- Certified Notary Public (Preferred)
Work Location: One location