Current Job Openings
Project Manager of Clinical Trial Supply Chain
Company & Role Description
Founded in 2002, Tanner Pharma Group is a specialty service provider in the biopharmaceutical industry focused on improving patient access to medicines on a global basis. Tanner Pharma offers its biopharmaceutical partners a portfolio of four distinct service offerings that span the product lifecycle from clinical development to commercialization. With its global headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina and offices in the United Kingdom, Switzerland and Brazil, Tanner Pharma is in a phase of rapid growth.
Tanner Pharma Group is currently seeking a Project Manager [Clinical Trial Supply Chain]for our Charlotte, North Carolina location. [Clinical Trial Supply Chain] includes: 1) sourcing and supply, 2) labels and secondary packaging, 3) storage and distribution, and 4) returns and reconciliations. Project Managers [Clinical Trial Supply Chain] are responsible for the successful execution of supply chain management for clinical trials. This includes communicating and driving timelines both internally and externally, working with or on behalf of customers to ensure the timely availability and delivery of investigational product and ancillary supplies to investigator sites. This role manages the internal teams as well as the customer relationship throughout the project lifecycle. The exact tasks performed for any given project are based upon the project specific scope of services.
Expected Responsibilities for the Project Manager Clinical Trial are:
- Provide customer service that meets or exceeds customer expectations in alignment with business capabilities.
- Manage and oversee project execution and on-time deliverables.
- Define roles and responsibilities to ensure accurate and timely exchange of information to support project and supply chain strategies.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and initial escalation point.
- Manage and grow the customer relationship.
- Create and maintain project management tools to optimize communication and alignment on key deliverables for internal/external stakeholders.
- Develop and monitor project scope and budget.
- Manages the team and project to deliver against the timeline, within budget, and with good quality, and in compliance with regulatory requirements and SOPs.
- Effectively manage cross-functional teams.
- Management of clinical trial packaging and labeling activities.
- Ensure appropriate documentation is maintained and filed.
Supply Chain Management
- Define supply chain management accountabilities based on communication with customer, scope of work and study requirements.
- Develop forecasting, tracking, distribution and returns strategies for the trial in collaboration with the customer and internal Tanner Pharma teams.
- Recommend flexible supply chain strategies in line with client priorities.
- Management of initial supplies and resupplies to clinical sites.
- Tracking of all investigational drug and ancillary supplies to and from clinical study sites from study start-up to closure.
- Facilitating required documentation to distribute investigational medications and ancillary supplies to clinical trial sites Oversee shipment orders according to program plans to ensure timely and compliant shipment and delivery to investigator sites.
Desired Candidate Profile & Capabilities
- Associates Degree with 5+ years industry experience OR Bachelor’s Degree
- Level 1 – 3+ years Project Management and/or Operational/Supply Chain Management experience.
- Level 2 – 5+ years Project Management and/or Operational/Supply Chain Management experience.
- Level 3 – 7+ years Project Management and/or Operational/Supply Chain Management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree obtained in a related field, i.e. Science, Business Management or Supply Chain Management.
- Pharmaceutical industry, clinical supplies, health care, or clinical trial experience
- Experience with Interactive Response Technology (IRT).
- Experience with investigation product packaging and labeling processes and distribution.
- Client-facing position or customer service related.
- Project Management Qualification (i.e., PMP, Prince 2).
- GMP and/or GCP knowledge.
- Understanding of clinical study design, execution, and importance of investigational drug supply and management.
- Experience with clinical trial process from study start up through study closure.
- Understanding and experience with various clinical trial designs, such as randomized, double-blind studies.
- MS Office/Suite.
- Problem-solving: Able to handle difficult or unexpected situations in the workplace as well as complex business challenges Is solutions-oriented and enjoy identifying how to overcome obstacles.
- Leadership: Ability to encourage, motivate, inspire, and challenge others to produce their best work while working toward common goals.
- Project Management: Able to effectively coordinate a project from start to finish; using effective communication, interpersonal skills, and organization to complete projects within defined parameters and timelines.
- Multi-tasking: The ability to manage multiple responsibilities at once by focusing on one task while keeping track of others; the ability to juggle multiple priorities effectively.
- Strong Analytical Skills: The ability to collect, organize, visualize, and assimilate data to see patterns, draw conclusions, and find solutions for the business.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 401K (US)
- Private health insurance
- Attractive performance incentive plan
- Vacation, Volunteer and paid sick leave
Tanner Pharma Group’s Core Values: Everything we do at Tanner Pharma Group is dictated by our values. We take them very seriously, and we are proud of this unwavering commitment.
Check out www.tannerpharma.com to learn more about our company.
Candidates may be required to organize reference calls upon request. Confidentiality will be respected. Additionally, Pre-employment drug and background screening will be required.
Tanner Pharma Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time | Exempt
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Project Management: 4 years (Required)
- Supply chain: 4 years (Required)
- CRO, Pharmaceutical, biotech or academic Clinical research: 4 years (Required)
- Clinical trials: 4 years (Preferred)