Current Job Openings
Project Manager of Clinical Trial Supply Chain
Full Job Description
Founded in 2002, Tanner Pharma Group is a specialty service provider in the biopharmaceutical industry focused on improving patient access to medicines on a global basis. Tanner Pharma offers its biopharmaceutical partners a portfolio of four distinct service offerings that span the product lifecycle from clinical development to commercialization. With its global headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina and offices in the United Kingdom, Switzerland and Brazil, Tanner Pharma is in a phase of rapid growth.
Tanner Pharma Group is currently seeking a Project manager of Clinical Trial Supply Chain for our Charlotte, North Carolina location. [Clinical Trial Supply Chain] includes: 1) sourcing and supply, 2) labels and secondary packaging, 3) storage and distribution, and 4) returns and reconciliations. Project managers of Clinical Trial Supply Chain are responsible for the successful execution of supply chain management for clinical trials. This includes communicating and driving timelines both internally and externally, working with or on behalf of customers to ensure the timely availability and delivery of investigational product and ancillary supplies to investigator sites. This role manages the internal teams as well as the customer relationship throughout the project lifecycle. The exact tasks performed for any given project are based upon the project specific scope of services. A Candidate will be expected to deliver project management on current portfolio with a hiring strategy for building a PM team.
Expected Responsibilities for the Project manager of Clinical Trial Supply Chain are:
- Provide customer service that meets or exceeds customer expectations in alignment with business capabilities.
- Manage and oversee project execution and on-time deliverables
- Define roles and responsibilities to ensure accurate and timely exchange of information to support project and supply chain strategies
- Serve as the primary point of contact and initial escalation point
- Manage and grow the customer relationship
- Create and maintain project management tools to optimize communication and alignment on key deliverables for internal/external stakeholders.
- Develop and monitor project scope and budget
- Manages the team and project to deliver against the timeline, within budget, and with good quality, and in compliance with regulatory requirements and SOPs
- Effectively manage cross-functional teams
- Management of clinical trial packaging and labeling activities
- Ensure appropriate documentation is maintained and filed
Supply Chain Management
- Define supply chain management accountabilities based on communication with customer, scope of work and study requirements.
- Develop forecasting, tracking, distribution and returns strategies for the trial in collaboration with the customer and internal Tanner Pharma teams.
- Recommend flexible supply chain strategies in line with client priorities
- Management of initial supplies and resupplies to clinical sites
- Tracking of all investigational drug and ancillary supplies to and from clinical study sites from study start-up to closure
- Facilitating required documentation to distribute investigational medications and ancillary supplies to clinical trial sites Oversee shipment orders according to program plans to ensure timely and compliant shipment and delivery to investigator sites
Desired Candidate Profile & Capabilities
- Associates Degree with 5+ years industry experience OR Bachelor’s Degree
- Level 1 – 3+ years Project Management and/or Operational/Supply Chain Management experience
- Level 2 – 5+ years Project Management and/or Operational/Supply Chain Management experience
- Level 3 – 7+ years Project Management and/or Operational/Supply Chain Management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree obtained in a related field, i.e. Science, Business Management or Supply Chain Management
- Pharmaceutical industry, clinical supplies, health care, or clinical trial experience
- Experience with Interactive Response Technology (IRT)
- Experience with investigation product packaging and labeling processes and distribution
- Client-facing position or customer service related
- Project Management Qualification (i.e., PMP, Prince 2)
- GMP and/or GCP knowledge
- Understanding of clinical study design, execution, and importance of investigational drug supply and management
- Experience with clinical trial process from study start up through study closure
- Understanding and experience with various clinical trial designs, such as randomized, double-blind studies
- MS Office/Suite
- Are solutions-oriented and enjoy identifying how to overcome obstacles.
- Work well with a team to achieve a common goal.
- Able to juggle multiple priorities and projects at once with ease.
- Have strong analytical skills.
- Like ongoing learning and research as part of your daily routine
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Simple IRA (US)
- Private health insurance
- Attractive performance incentive plan
- Vacation and paid sick leave
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Project Management: 4 years (Required)
- Supply chain: 4 years (Required)
- CRO, Pharmaceutical, biotech or academic Clinical research: 4 years (Required)
Work Location: One location