Current Job Openings
Company & Role Description
Founded in 2002, Tanner Pharma Group is a specialty service provider in the biopharmaceutical industry focused on improving patient access to medicines globally. Tanner Pharma offers its biopharmaceutical partners a portfolio of four distinct service offerings that span the product lifecycle from clinical development to commercialization. With its global headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina, and offices in the United Kingdom, Switzerland, and Brazil, Tanner Pharma is rapidly growing.
The Senior Counsel is responsible for supporting the General Counsel in coordinating all legal and regulatory issues for the company’s activities. Responsible for overseeing all legal matters related to their company, including everything from handling routine paperwork to advising senior management on major transactions and other important decisions.
The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of experience in a law firm or corporate legal department dealing with US and international law issues and with a strong academic record.
Expected Responsibilities for the Senior Counsel are:
- Assist with the drafting and reviewing of legal documents, including but not limited to contracts, legal correspondence, and other documentation as request
- Conduct research on relevant laws, regulations, etc.
- Prepare correspondence and legal documents related to contract negotiations, affidavits, and other matters related to the company’s business operations.
- Interpret laws, regulations, and other legal and regulatory material for the company.
- Support the General Counsel in all corporate legal matters.
- Stay informed about current legislation and regulatory changes, especially pharmaceutical industry and healthcare industry subjects of interest to the company or that have relevance to the company’s operations.
- Communicate with senior members of management, paralegals and clients to ensure that the company’s business is handled efficiently.
- Maintain a high level of communication with all senior leadership team members.
- Perform administrative and management functions related to the company’s Legal Department.
- Support and help develop compliance processes, programs, and training.
- Research, anticipate, and protect the company against legal risks.
- Participate in negotiating deals and attend company meetings as requested.
- Provide leadership by working with other legal team members to develop corporate policies and procedures for the company.
Desired Candidate Profile & Capabilities
- Law degree from an accredited law school (JD-MBA preferred) and be an active member in good standing of the Bar.
- 7+years of experience working with legal issues with at least three years at a law firm.
- Must be willing to work independently without direct supervision.
- Successful completion of the bar exam.
- Solid communication skills and problem-solving skills are required to work with clients, Tanner team members, and attorneys.
- Collaborative team player able to build positive relationships with colleagues and lead and direct cross-functional teams.
- Communication: Able to communicate in a clear, appropriate, effective, and efficient manner in various situations (1:1 or group settings, verbal & written).
- Leadership skills: Ability to encourage, motivate, inspire, and challenge others to produce their best work while working toward common goals.
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to see the big picture, plan ahead, and put thought into action to the advantage of the company.
- Ongoing Learning: Pursue ongoing legal education and research as part of your daily routine.
- Attention to Detail: Ability to accomplish/complete tasks while demonstrating a thorough concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Private health insurance.
- Attractive performance incentive plan.
- Vacation, Volunteer and paid sick leave.
Tanner Pharma Group’s Core Values: Everything we do at Tanner Pharma Group is dictated by our values. We take them very seriously, and we are proud of this unwavering commitment.
Check out www.tannerpharma.com to learn more about our company.
Candidates may be required to organize reference calls upon request. Confidentiality will be respected. Additionally, Pre-employment drug and background screening will be required.
Tanner Pharma Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time | Exempt
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Master’s (Preferred)
- Pharmaceutical: 4 years (Required)
- Corporate Legal: 7 years (Required)
Work Location: One location