Current Job Openings
Technical Operations Development Manager
Company & Role Description
Founded in 2002, Tanner Pharma Group is a specialty service provider in the biopharmaceutical industry focused on improving patient access to medicines on a global basis. Tanner Pharma offers its biopharmaceutical partners a portfolio of four distinct service offerings that span the product lifecycle from clinical development to commercialization. With its global headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina and offices in the United Kingdom, Switzerland and Brazil, Tanner Pharma is in a phase of rapid growth.
The role will provide critical strategic and operational insight with a focus on the development and continuous improvement, of general technical processes and Clinical Trial Services Operations.
Cross division and cross department relationship building will be pivotal, as Technical Operations is a core function to all of the Tanner operational Divisions.
Expected Responsibilities for the Technical Operations Development Manager are:
- Take the lead in implementing an operational vendor management strategy, with appropriate KPIs, SLAs, and timely and thorough audit activities.
- Develop our global partner network through cross functional collaboration, to identify, assess and on-board critical 3rd party partners across multiple geographies.
- Utilize the strong knowledge and network of third-party transport and warehousing vendors to support pharmaceutical distribution and clinical trial operations.
- Close liaison with the Quality team, ensuring quality and compliance standards are met, including the conduct of audits.
- Take the lead in identifying, drafting and review of new process and associated SOPs specifically related to Clinical Trial Services to comply with GDP, GMP and relevant GCP standards.
- Management of 3rd party supply chain vendors affecting GMP compliance (e.g. label suppliers,).
- Lead on the development and execution of RFPs/RFQs for CT Service projects
- Act as SME in client/partner meetings.
- Develop & advise on logistics strategies to drive service, quality, and process improvements in support of Group revenue and gross profit goals.
- Be a champion for a continuous improvement culture.
- Keep abreast of industry developments as they pertain to logistics and utilize to ensure Tanner is ahead of the curve.
- Hybrid role (home based, with occasional travel to Tanner offices), with some international travel, approx. 15 -20% of time
Desired Candidate Profile & Capabilities
- 5-10 years’ experience in International Operations preferably in the life sciences industry.
- Core competency in collaborating, building relationships and influence at all levels inside and outside the business.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of superior customer service and flexibility to do what it takes to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Good working knowledge of global Good Distribution Practice and Good Manufacturing Practice and appropriate regulations.
- Results Orientation: The ability to focus on the desired result of one’s own or one’s unit’s work, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
- Team Member: Ability to integrate with the organizational Core Values, culture, and team climate. Works well with a team to achieve a common goal.
- Multi-tasking: The ability to manage multiple responsibilities at once by focusing on one task while keeping track of others; the ability to juggle multiple priorities effectively.
- Strong Analytical Skills: The ability to collect, organize, visualize, and assimilate data to see patterns, draw conclusions, and find solutions for the business.
- Ongoing Learning: Like ongoing learning and research as part of your daily routine.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Private health insurance
- Attractive performance incentive plan
- Vacation, Volunteer and paid sick leave
Tanner Pharma Group’s Core Values: Everything we do at Tanner Pharma Group is dictated by our values. We take them very seriously, and we’re proud of this unwavering commitment.
Check out www.tannerpharma.com to learn more about our company.
Candidates may be required to organize reference calls upon request. Confidentiality will be respected. Additionally, Pre-employment drug and background screening will be required.
Tanner Pharma Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time | Exempt
Pay: £60,000.00-£80,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Wellness programme
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
- Network of third-party transport and warehousing vendors: 5 years (preferred)
- International Operations: 5 years (required)
- Life Science Industry: 5 years (required)