Current Job Openings
Founded in 2002, Tanner Pharma Group (TPG) is a specialty service provider in the biopharmaceutical industry focused on improving patient access to medicines on a global basis. Tanner Pharma offers its biopharmaceutical partners a portfolio of four distinct service offerings that span the product lifecycle from clinical development to commercialization. Each of its service offerings has a component of the distribution of pharmaceutical and related products according to Good Distribution Practices (GDP), and most recently, the company has set up a labeling and packaging operation that operates according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). Tanner Pharma operates a globally harmonized Quality Management System (QMS) and has distribution licenses across the US, UK (MHRA) and Switzerland (Swissmedic), but the business operates across more than 120 countries. The company is currently in a phase of rapid growth and to support this growth, is seeking a Vendor Specialist responsible that will be responsible for identifying suitable vendors, negotiating with vendors to secure the best prices for products and services, developing and implementing vendor onboarding and training programs, and supporting sourcing activities.
The Vendor Specialist role manages vendor activities, including building new and maintaining and deepening existing vendor relationships. The Vendor Specialist role is responsible for identifying suitable vendors, negotiating with vendors to secure the best prices for products and services, developing and implementing vendor onboarding and training programs, and supporting sourcing activities.
Expected responsibilities for the Vendor Specialist:
- Establishes and maintains regular vendor governance process.
- Regularly communicates and distributes key performance metrics, dashboards, and reports.
- Focuses on vendor performance to achieve planned outcomes based on the business need.
- Aggregate vendor data and communicate vendor performance.
- Serve as a point of contact relating to the timely preparation, negotiation and execution of various contracts and other outsourcing-related documents required to support the purchase.
- Serve as point of contact within the Sales and Commercial Team for Vendor communication
- Help to establish and manage routine business review with critical vendors.
- Supports communication and training of changes in procurement and/or vendor environment to stakeholders. * Supports the department goals in developing robust network strategies.
- Escalates business-critical issues effecting Operations and Management to Direct Manager
- Analyzing multiple vendors to decide which to use for a particular product.
- Researching and pursuing new specialty vendors and specialty pharmacy accounts
- Developing vendor accounts for better pricing and review of opportunities
- Creating a plan for new vendor orientation and team introductions
- Implementation of an ongoing training plan for new specialty vendor accounts and refresher training for current accounts.
Sourcing Support for:
- Back orders
- Loss Access Products
- No Access
- Large quantity orders with multiple vendors when order cannot be processed directly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to travel for work.
- The ability to multitask effectively.
- Strong negotiation, management, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Local to the Charlotte area and able to travel into the office (located near the Airport)
- Ability to work as an individual contributor in a Results-Focused work environment.
- 2-3 years of experience in supply chain management, vendor management or a related field.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Pension scheme
- Hybrid Role
- Private health insurance
- Attractive performance incentive plan with profit sharing
- Vacation and paid sick leave
Check out www.tannerpharma.com to learn more about our company.
Tanner Pharma Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Additionally, Drug and background screening will be required for employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Microsoft office: 3 years (Required)
- Sales: 1 year (Required)
- Business Development: 1 year (Required)
- Client Services & Customer Support: 1 year (Required)
- Cold calling: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location